Sunday, August 15, 2021

 

Applying Taiji Jin While Grappling 

 Demonstrated by Liang De hua



Here is a short clip filmed earlier this week during training. To add some context to the video, I had recently discovered that I could not apply my Jin 勁 to a partner if they gripped my clothing instead of clasping my arms or body. 
 
I asked Liang De Hua if it was possible to use Jin if, for example, I was grappling wearing a Gi or long-sleeved jacket? To my surprise, the effect of using Jin through the Gi was much more painful than merely gripping Sifu Liang's arms, due to the fact my fingers became intertwined in the Gi as the Jin then passed through my body. 
 
Lesson learned, I still have much more training to do! To learn more about Liang De Hua and his Yang-style Taiji Online Academy, please visit his official website: https://taijiacademy.online 
 
Get access to all of my unseen videos, and members-only content on my website: https://themartialman.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment